Sunday, May 29, 2011

Limited Selective Compression

I found The Bing maps to be better than Google and can actually see what goes where in El Centro. I made the mistake and didn't listen to David K. Smith the layout designer and making the track parallel the streets at an angle so I need to limit the compression and model the first streets or so from the tracks and the depot to Highway 86.

I will make up in small detail around the structures that will be featured in El Centro. An IMEX depot will represent The SD&AE depot which is next to the SP Depot. The SP depot is a tough design, the colonaide design, so I will have to find something close to it or scratch build it.

I need to make a trip to El Centro and find the names of a lot structures and buildings. Hopefully this Summer when it's 120 in the shade. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Carrizo Gorge

The Carizzo Gorge Railway (NOTE: Mission Impossible Theme for The Impossible Railroad)