Friday, July 15, 2011

Damn you Google Earth!

Two heads!
I really wanted to build this layout as an LDE. Layout Design Element, but creativity and necessity keeps getting in the way. I look at my pictures of El Centro and also Google Earth and have realized I would have to recreate the wheel to make the layout (El Centro side) look like the prototype. I have some structures that will kind of look like the real ones. I'm also toying with the idea of loosing Plaster City and modeling something that isn't on the prototype: Packing houses with orange groves.


1.) Produce packing facilities to handle PFE reefers.
2.) Maybe model the Dos Cabezas siding - Which rocks!!!
3.) Coyote Wells siding.

The fun of model railroading continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Carrizo Gorge

The Carizzo Gorge Railway (NOTE: Mission Impossible Theme for The Impossible Railroad)