Saturday, February 25, 2012

New backdrop

This was quite a process to get the mountains right. I took ten-eleven pictures in a row parked on the first off ramp after the climb from the desert floor to The Desert Tower. Back when it was the old US 80 there was a garage there. Mountain Springs is the area. I used these pictures in the first backdrop and wasn't happy with the outcome. Last weekend my grandson and I cut out the pictures I printed at work (shhhh) and I didn't put them in order, I used the pics, but mixed them up. I cut them to seam them and rubber cemented them to the backdrop. Couldn't be happier with the results this time around. The pictures are all on the blog, a few months ago. Here's a link to the In-Ko-Pah area on I-8 (then US 80).

http://gbcnet.com/ushighways/80pics_d.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Carrizo Gorge

The Carizzo Gorge Railway (NOTE: Mission Impossible Theme for The Impossible Railroad)