Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SD&AE El Centro Depot



I tried over the weekend building the SD&AE El Centro depot out of cardboard. It didn’t look too grand. Then I broke out the Evergreen styrene sheets and went to town. I have no dimensions to work with, but lots of Google Earth shots. This depot is gone now and everything will come from photos. I thought I would try a couple of brand name kits for this and I really don’t have the funds to play with. We are on a pretty strict income.

The depot came out great. I painted what looks like “terra cotta” and added the pillars on the colonnade design. I used computer generated roof sheets and front and end panels I designed in Paint.  This should suffice until I have the time to cut out the windows and doors and add Grandt Line attributes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Carrizo Gorge

The Carizzo Gorge Railway (NOTE: Mission Impossible Theme for The Impossible Railroad)