Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa Wife is getting me the depots we need!

Am I only the one that gets the Walthers joke "Clarksville Station", the Last Train To Clarksville and I'll meet you at the station. The depot is named after the Monkeys song. I am going to use that depot for the El Centro Depot. Even though it looks nothing like it. Who cares, it's gone and it's a memory. I will paint it SP colors, yellow, walls and sides, green roof and brown trim.

Also on it's way is the Imex Small Town Depot, which does look amazingly like The SD&AE Depot. I just need to add the columns.

I am not happy with the way the backdrop turned out, so I'm printing the mountains out and redoing the backdrop. Also switching from 1/8" Masonite to 1/4" stuff. Going to add the fascia with a 6" by 4' run along the edges. I'm going to use the desert color paint for the fascia as well. Whole thing should blend in nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Across Carrizo Gorge

The Carizzo Gorge Railway (NOTE: Mission Impossible Theme for The Impossible Railroad)